Dating back over 200 years the house was built as a family home - Transy House sitting in its own estate.
There have been various owners, although latterly it was in one family for nearly one hundred years. William Mungall bought the house in 1889 as a family home and started the world famous Transy Stud from the estate. Throughout the 1900's the estate lands were sold and eventually so was the house itself.
Transy House, or Garvock House as it is currently known, was taken over by the present owners in 1996 and completely refurbished to convert it into a small hotel. Care and attention has been given in combining the wealth of original features with every modern facility to ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay for all.